Author: Dan Lazewatsky
To: ros-users
Subject: [ros-users] problems with nav_view / nav stack
Hi all -
We've been trying to get the nav stack running on one of our robots and
are having some frustrating and not totally reproducible problems. Nav
is setup from config files that I got working on an erratic and have
modified for this robot. When I start up nav_view after getting amcl,
move_base and the like going, most of the time I don't see any laser
scan, inflated obstacles etc. in nav_view and using Set Pose doesn't do
anything. move_base/local_costmap/obstacles is publishing data, and
rxgraph shows it connected to nav_view. When I use Set Pose, I can see
the message getting sent off, but the new pose is not reflected in
nav_view. Sometimes, I'll see the inflated obstacles in nav_view, but
once the map shows up they disappear.

Any help would be much appreciated,
-Dan