Author: Karl Muecke
To: ros-users
Subject: Re: [ros-users] Need Help Installing ROS in Cygwin on Windows
Thanks for the tip. I found out there was a character in my $PATH that
the installer didn't like. I ended up redefining $PATH in setup.sh
instead of appending to it in order to get rid of some unrelated Windows'
paths. I had put in something already to handle the spaces by
substituting and escape character, but the installer/make/w/e did not like
"(". There are quite a few on my 64 bit machine since Windows creates a
Program Files (x86) folder.

Karl