Author: User discussions
To: User discussions
Subject: Re: [ros-users] weird stage error
On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 10:52 AM, Brian Gerkey <> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 4:46 PM, Jack O'Quin <> wrote:
>> On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 6:14 AM, Brian Gerkey <> wrote:
>>
>>> That's a known bug in Jaunty:
>>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg/+bug/300935.
>>> Workaround: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg/+bug/300935/comments/10
>>
>> We were also seeing this error in Karmic and Lucid (which both have
>> rgb.txt in the correct place), but it now seems to have been fixed in
>> the latest ros-cturtle-simulator-stage ubuntu packages.
>>
>> But, I believe the corresponding fix has not yet appeared in
>> ros-unstable-simulator-stage.
>
> Which fix is that?

I don't know. I just noticed the problem on several cturtle machines
running both Karmic and Lucid. Then, it went away with the latest deb
release.

Perhaps, it was some kind of build problem that had crept into the
previous binary packages? Maybe it got fixed by accident as a
side-effect of releasing something else.
--
 joq