Author: User discussions
To: ros-users
Subject: [ros-users] Is it possible to "binary package" built stacks ?
Hi all,

I have just discover ROS and read the overview and all tutorials. What I
understand is that it's easy to grab everything you need (dependencies) for
building a stack.

But after having built everything on my development computer, I'll want to
download it to my embedded main board. I don't want to install ROS on it in
order to pick everything and build it. Is it possible to generate a "binary
package" that is easily installable on a different PC (like a debian package
or a compressed archive of binaries) ? I didn't see anything about this in
the docs.