Author: User discussions
To: User discussions
Subject: [ros-users] nav_view leaving the navigation stack
Hey all,

So, for DTurtle, we're trying to remove dependencies on visualization stacks
like ogre from our core stacks. Since navigation falls into this category,
and the nav_view package relies on ogre, it has to move from navigation.
That much is decided. However, I'm not sure exactly where to put the
nav_view package. Do I create a new stack or just throw it in sandbox?

The answer depends largely on how many people in the ROS community use
nav_view over rviz. So, does anyone out there have a strong objection to
nav_view moving to sandbox for DTurtle? If so, what are your reasons for
using nav_view over rviz configured in a similar way?

If there are a lot of people who feel strongly about this, I'll probably
create a navigation_visualization stack to hold nav_view. Otherwise, I'll
move it to sandbox and let it die.

Let me know what you think and hope all is well,

Eitan