Author: User discussions
To: User discussions
Subject: Re: [ros-users] how to run a node from another node?
On 06.02.2011 21:41, safdar_zaman wrote:

> Hi all,
> How can one run a node from inside another node's code. I mean I want to run
> a node when a specific condition is true, and then shutdown it. normally we
> run a node from terminal using "rosrun pakg node" but how to run this node
> in c/python code?
> thanks in advance.

You might want to have a look at http://www.ros.org/wiki/rosspawn. It
might just do what you need, i.e. start and stop a node, without setting
parameters from a launch file. Code is at
https://github.com/timn/rosspawn and patches to improve its
functionality are welcome.

    Tim

--
KBSG - Knowledge-Based Systems Group            AllemaniACs RoboCup Team
http://robocup.rwth-aachen.de                     RWTH Aachen University