Author: User discussions
To: ros-users
Subject: [ros-users] Running multiple tests in Gazebo using Hudson
Hello everyone,

I work at Fraunhofer IPA in Stuttgart and use Hudson to run multiple tests
(like hztest) on the Care-O-bot in Gazebo. I included for each component one
test-file in its launch-file and therefore I can run all tests by starting
the robot with 'rostest'. It works quite well but it needs a lot time
because Gazebo restarts after each test.
This is also a problem when I want to run a test with multiple steps. For
example:
- 1. step: Care-o-bot moves from home-position to the kitchen --> test if it
arrived
- 2. step: detecting an object and grasp it --> test if it grasps object
- 3. step: deliver object to table --> test if object is on table
If gazebo is restarting after each step, the results from the previous
step(s) are missing.
Is there any way to start Gazebo only once and run multiple tests without
restarting Gazebo after each step?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards, Jannik