Author: User discussions
To: ros-users@code.ros.org
Subject: [ros-users] viewing COLLADA files in rviz
Has anybody done this successfully? It's giving me trouble...

I'm following this tutorial: http://www.ros.org/wiki/collada_urdf/Tutorials/Working%20Directly%20with%20COLLADA

I get the output:

WARNING: unrecognized tag sphinxdoc
process[collada_joint_publisher]: started
process[rviz]: started
[ERROR]: No name given for the robot
[ERROR]: No name given for the robot

The model loads fine in the adjacent OpenRAVE 0.4.0 window, but rviz gives me the status error: "URDF failed Model parse".

I'm using ROS diamondback binaries with jsk-ros-pkg. I've tried with both the diamondback release version of robot_model, and the 1.5.1 release from the trunk (as downloaded by jsk_ros_patch). I've also tried with one of the stock models from the collada_robots package.

Any bright ideas?

Thanks!
-Nick