Author: User discussions
To: ros-users
Subject: [ros-users] ROS package git repository conventions?
Hi ROS users,

We're considering/planning on switching to git/github for the Berkeley
ROS package. What are the conventions on structure and such that people
are using? With svn we have a url like this
http://ros.berkeley.edu/svn/berkeley-ros-pkg/ with all our stuff, with
git would it be preferrable to have one repo called berkeley-ros-pkg or
separate repos for each stack and maybe link them together with
submodules? What are other people doing that are using git? It seems
like at least TUM is using separate repos per project on their git repo
(which seems to be the much more sane route) but I was wondering if
there was any requirement to have something called foo-ros-pkg
somewhere. Thanks,

-Ibrahim