Author: User discussions
To: ros-users
Subject: Re: [ros-users] Driver for new Hokuyo UTM-30LX-EW lasers?
Hi,
I am updating the IRI driver [1] for the Hokuyo Lasers in order to be
used with the SCIP2.2 protocol and get the multiecho values in the
UTM-30LX-EW and the UXM-30LX-E
At the moment I am working with the non-ROS version of the driver, as
soon as I get this running I will wrap it in our ROS node [2].

I'll tell you when It will be ready.

Kind regards,
Martí Morta

[1] http://wikiri.upc.es/index.php/Hokuyo_Laser_driver
[2]
<https://devel.iri.upc.edu/pub/labrobotica/ros/iri-ros-pkg/stacks/iri_common_drivers/trunk/iri_hokuyo_laser/>http://www.ros.org/wiki/iri_hokuyo_laser

> The UTM-30LX-EW (http://www.autonomoustuff.com/hokuyo-utm-30lx-ew.html)
> has multi-echo capability, but this requires the driver to implement the
> new SCIP 2.2 protocol. Does anyone have a driver for this laser, or

plans

--
Martí Morta Garriga. Support Engineer.
Institut de Robòtica i Informàtica Industrial (UPC-CSIC)