Til: User discussions
Emne: [ros-users] Question on a dependency
I am new to ROS, but slowly catching on. I downloaded a package and ran
rosmake, I got a dependency error like the following.

[rosbuild] Building package pi_head_tracking_tutorial
Failed to invoke /opt/ros/fuerte/bin/rospack deps-manifests
pi_head_tracking_tutorial
[rospack] Error: package/stack pi_head_tracking_tutorial depends on
non-existent package uvc_cam

CMake Error at /opt/ros/fuerte/share/ros/core/rosbuild/public.cmake:129
(message):

I then download and run rosmake on uvc_cam2, which builds fine. I download
and build uvc_cam2 in the ros_workspace directory, however after building I
still get the error. after building a package, is there something to do in
order to get ROS to recognize it?

wes