[ros-users] Building LaserScan labeler around librviz

Forside
Vedhæftede filer:
Indlæg som e-mail
+ (text/plain)
Slet denne besked
Besvar denne besked
Skribent: User discussions
Til: ros-users
Emne: [ros-users] Building LaserScan labeler around librviz
Hi everybody,

I'm trying to make an app for labeling LaserScans, e.g. left leg of
person A, using librviz (fuerte). I planed to use the "Select" tool
and add a few widgets that would enable the actual labeling of the
selection, but just getting to a proof-of-concept that would display
underlying LaserScan message data from the selection proved to be
rather difficult.

In order to get to the proof-of-concept I also had to export
"-I${prefix}/src/rviz/" cflag and modify the API in the following way:
I moved the rviz::PointCloudSelectionHandler class definition to
rviz/default_plugin/point_cloud_base.h and made it's
getCloudAndLocalIndexByGlobalIndex method public. To use it, I also
had to make rviz::PointCloudBase::CloudInfoPtr public.

Could this be done more elegantly? What would be the best way to use
"Select" tool in an librviz app.

Best regards,

Srećko Jurić-Kavelj, dipl.ing. (Ms.E.E)
Research and Teaching Assistant at University of Zagreb
(Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing, Department of
Control and Computer Engineering)

Phone: +385 (0)1 6129 561
Fax: +385 (0)1 6129 809
E-mail:

Sanctus Hieronymus: "Parce mihi, Domine, quia dalmata sum!"