Re: [ros-users] answers.ros.org is the hell

Forside
Vedhæftede filer:
Indlæg som e-mail
+ (text/plain)
+ (text/html)
+ image001.gif (image/gif)
+ image002.png (image/png)
Slet denne besked
Besvar denne besked
Skribent: User discussions
Til: ros-users
Emne: Re: [ros-users] answers.ros.org is the hell
Ever since I joined the ROS community I've felt Answers to be pretty
unsuitable for the work.
I guess it all comes down to expectations and overview (which WG has
much wider than mine).

I can't stop thinking that a forum would be a lot better though: you can
have subforums tailored to the specific argument (eg: building which
would cover build systems and package/stack structures; transformations
which would cover urdf models, joints, publishers; Communications which
would cover the ROS API, topics, services, etc...), tags wouldn't go
away as modern forums have them too, you can moderate a lot more
effectively, people can cluster into the subforum they feel more at home
with (maybe I'm an expert on building, or cameras), and searching would
be a lot more useful as people would be naturally inclined to phrase
their topic title according to the subforum argument.

It probably would be some more work to maintain, but I can see a lot
more use in such a platform.

Noob question now: what does "make this page a wiki" really means?
What happens to /wikied/ questions?

Best regards
--

*Eng. Claudio Carbone