Author: User discussions
To: User discussions
Subject: Re: [ros-users] missing generated lisp-messages in debian packages for groovy
Hi,

I can confirm this issue and ran into the same problem.
The *_msgs-msg and *_msgs-srv ASDF systems are not loadable (because not
present).

A temporary fix is to check out the *_msgs-packages and build them from
source inside an overlay workspace. One then gets the generated
lisp-msg-files.

So it seems the message files are just not shipped with the debian packages.

Best,
Jan

Am 13.06.2013 11:39, schrieb Georg Bartels:
> Hi all,
>
> when installing debian msg-packages under groovy, e.g.
> arm_navigation_msgs or pr2_msgs, they only contain the generated
> cpp-files, while the lisp-msgs are missing.
>
> Example:
> Under fuerte: /opt/ros/fuerte/stacks/pr2_common/pr2_msgs/msg_gen
> contains both cpp and lisp directories.
> Under groovy: /opt/ros/groovy/stacks/pr2_common/pr2_msgs/msg_gen
> contains only a cpp directory.
>
> This leads to compilation error of lisp packages that depend on these
> message packages under groovy. I think this is a bug. Could anybody
> please confirm this bug? Also, if it is indeed a bug, could someone
> please point me to the right place to file a ticket? Thanks a lot.
>
> Cheers,
> Georg.

Dipl. Ing. Jan Winkler
Technologie-Zentrum Informatik und Informationstechnik
Raum 1.56
Am Fallturm 1 (TAB Gebäude)
Universität Bremen
28359 Bremen, Deutschland

E-Mail:
Tel: +49 (0)421-218-64019
Fax: +49 (0)421-218-64047
begin:vcard
fn:Jan Winkler
n:Winkler;Jan
org;quoted-printable;quoted-printable:Universit=C3=A4t Bremen;K=C3=BCnstliche Intelligenz
adr:;;Am Fallturm 1;Bremen;Bremen;28359;Deutschland
email;internet:
title:Dipl. Ing.
tel;work:+49 (0)421 218 64019
tel;cell:+49 (0)151 61491232