Author: User discussions
To: User discussions
Subject: [ros-users] Hydro Release Timeline
HI Everyone,

We're approaching what we hope to mark as the ROS Hydro Medusa Beta.

Based on previous discussions on the mailing list we would like to plan to
release ROS Hydro Medusa on July 29th. To do this we want to have 1 full
month of staging meaning finalizing the Beta on June 29th the end of this
week.

Thank you to everyone who has already released their packages into Hydro.
We have almost 300 packages released into Hydro already. We would like to
have coverage of desktop-full before the Beta is released at the end of
this week.

My audit of the packages already released reveals 20 packages are left
necessary to release into Hydro to complete desktop-full.

I'd like to call on the community to add their packages before the release
so we can have as complete of an Beta as possible.

Of highest interest are the following packages which can be found inside
the desktop-full groovy equivalents.

bullet
common_tutorials
compressed_depth_image_transport
compressed_image_transport
documentation
geometry_experimental (tf2*)
geometry_tutorials
laser_pipeline
navigation
navigation_tutorials
physics_ode
resource_retriever
robot_model_tutorials
robot_model_visualization
simulator_gazebo
slam_gmapping
srdf
stage
urdf_parser
visualization_tutorials

This list is pulled from diffing the groovy variants and the hydro packages
so it is subject to some updating. Some of these packages may have reached
EOL or have been functionally replaced. But if you're involved in any of
these please try to get a release out this week.

If you'd like to discuss the release of a package, or if you are blocked on
another package please start a discussion on the ros-release mailing list.

Tully