+ (text/plain)
Author: Jack O'Quin
To: User discussions
New-Topics: [ros-users] Tutorial on writing a global path planner plugin in ROS
Subject: Re: [ros-users] Indigo buildfarm ready for releases
On Sat, Mar 29, 2014 at 4:06 AM, Jon Binney <> wrote:

> I've written up a tutorial on how to install indigo in a chroot on ubuntu
> 13.04 and compile ros packages:
> http://wiki.ros.org/ROS/Tutorials/InstallingIndigoInChroot

That is very helpful. Thanks!

I was looking at various virtual machine approaches to solving this
problem, but the learning curve dissuaded me from doing that so far. A
step-by-step tutorial will save many people much time.

> It works for me on 13.04; fixes are welcome!

Since 13.04 is no longer supported by Ubuntu, a similar tutorial based on
12.04 LTS would be very helpful for most Hydro or Groovy users.

Has anybody tried anything like this on 12.04 Precise?
--
joq