Author: Xudong0401 via ros-users
To: ros-users
Subject: [ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] Questions about improving the ROS real-time method

Recently, we want to achieve robot auto-navigation by using laser SLAM based on ROS system. but we found that ROS could not meet the requirements for real-time response. We try to give Ubuntu RT_PREEMPT real-time patch, and lock memory,set the process priority and schedule strategy to the all the nodes we used. But there is no improvement after logical analyzer analysis.Through investigationwe now have two plans: 1 learn and use Open RObot COntrol SoftwareOROCOS-RTT2 learn ros_control (one Modular of PR2) method. Ask experienced predecessors to give advice, help, or different solutions.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/questions-about-improving-the-ros-real-time-method/2302/1) or reply to this email to respond.