[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Ament …

Forside
Vedhæftede filer:
Indlæg som e-mail
+ (text/plain)
Slet denne besked
Besvar denne besked
Skribent: Dirk Thomas via ros-users
Til: ros-users
CC: Dirk Thomas
Emne: [ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Ament Build -test failed

[quote="paulrusu, post:13, topic:3398"]
I used the binaries ... to get ROS 2. But even if I run the commands from the Building from Source page, the failures still occur.
[/quote]

The binary instructions are only sufficient to install the Debian packages and "use" what is coming with it.

If you want to build and test your own packages you need to follow the `Linux-Development-Setup`.

You likely already had `pytest` installed from a Debian package but unfortunately the latest Debian package version is still not new enough.

[quote="paulrusu, post:13, topic:3398"]
Even worse, when I run pytest on /ros2_ws I get a ton load of errors.
[/quote]

You are not supposed to run `pytest` on the workspace `/ros2_ws`. You should use `ament test` for this instead. The build tool makes sure to invoke the test on each package separately with various command line options as well as an environment which includes all dependencies of a specific package.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ament-build-test-failed/3398/14) or reply to this email to respond.