Author: Adam Alami via ros-users
To: ros-users
CC: Adam Alami
Subject: [ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Quality Assurance] ROS Quality Assurance Working Group meeting minutes April 2018 Meeting

ROS Quality Assurance Working Group meeting minutes April 2018 Meeting
Time: 3 p.m. UTC

**Notes:**

**_Agenda:_**
We still working on the first initiative, Making ROS Packages quality visible. We identified a [list of Quality Metrics](https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ujwc2rjmywWpiamCGNRAdD3USNurXLqunIvgSrSbwvM/edit#gid=0) to use (display for each package). We defined most of these metrics in a google doc. Currently, the list contains over 20 metrics. We need to prioritize which metrics to implement first. During this meeting, will went through these metrics and assign an implementation priority (i.e. High, Medium and Low).

**_Outcome:_**
During the meeting participants voted a priority for each metric. Please refer to the [Quality Metrics](https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ujwc2rjmywWpiamCGNRAdD3USNurXLqunIvgSrSbwvM/edit#gid=0) for the vote results. The list of metrics and the voted priority listed below:

1. CI Badge
   1. Build    High
   1. Unit Tests    High
   1. Unit Test Coverage [%]    High

1. Static Analysis
   1. Code style violations    Medium
   1. Logic errors and warnings    Medium
   1. Cyclomatic complexity    Low
   1. McCabe complexity    Low
   1. Afferent coupling    Medium
   1. Efferent coupling    Medium

1. Dynamic Analysis
    1. Clang AddressSanitizer and LeakSanitizer    High

1. Testing
    1. Fuzzy testing by chaos node    Low/Medium

1. Documentation
   1. Comment to code ratio    Low
   1. Documentation coverage    Medium
   1. Package/Library Status (lifecycle)    High
   1. Existence of a roadmap    Medium
   1. Existence of readme    Low/Medium
   1. Wiki page quality/completeness    Medium
   1. Tutorial availability    Medium

1. Open issues report
   1. Number of closed issues    Low
   1. Time to close issue    Low/Medium
   1. Activity on issues    Medium
   1. Other status (eg: wont-fix, etc.)    Low
   1. Number of open issues    Low

1. User Rating        Medium/High

1. Other
   1. Maintainability Index    Low/Medium
   1. Depth of Inheritance    Low
   1. Class Coupling    High/Medium
   1. Lines of Code    Low
   1. Cyclic includes    Medium/Low

We will be moving to implement this initiative and we seeking help. We calling for volunteers to assist in the implementation of this initiative, Making ROS packages quality visible. Please, get in touch if you like to help?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-quality-assurance-working-group-meeting-minutes-april-2018-meeting/4473/1) or reply to this email to respond.