Author: Jonathan Bohren via ros-users
To: ros-users
CC: Jonathan Bohren
Subject: [ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] Discussion on ROS to ROS2 transition plan

[quote="TheDash, post:71, topic:6155"]
This page is probably the best way to get that info. [http://repositories.ros.org/status_page/ros_kinetic_default.html ](http://repositories.ros.org/status_page/ros_kinetic_default.html)
[/quote]

Thanks, @TheDash, that's definitely a useful facet of it, but unfortunately this is just a fraction of what's actually out there.

I started digging earlier this year, and I've been working on getting GitHub to index published ROS code along with their [BigQuery dataset](https://blog.github.com/2017-01-19-github-data-ready-for-you-to-explore-with-bigquery/). Right now it also only captures a fraction of published code (albeit a different one).

The next step would be to take one or more of these segmentations, classify the different groups and then describe their needs, resources, and how they interact. It sounds like there still isn't anyone who has done this.

@wdsmart maybe we could scrounge up some funding for such an analysis?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/discussion-on-ros-to-ros2-transition-plan/6155/72) or reply to this email to respond.