Author: Jordan Lack via ros-users
To: ros-users
CC: Jordan Lack
Subject: [ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Maritime Robotics] UUV Simulator - Unmanned Underwater Vehicle Simulator

In general I think yes(though i'm in no position to officially state this, i'm just a peon :slight_smile: ), we try as much as possible to never fork and/or build from source if a binary version of a third party dependency is available. Additionally if we have an open source third party dependency we regularly submit pull requests for features/bug fixes we have in order to continue use of the binary and not add a source dependency.

We have submitted a number of pull requests for features and bug fixes to UUV Simulator and have a number of others in our local fork that we would like to submit back upstream so we could remove our source dependency and start using the new debian. Our only hesitation is that our pull requests don't get much attention, and this is a deterrent to us spending the time to organize a pull request if it's going to sit there for extended periods of time.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/uuv-simulator-unmanned-underwater-vehicle-simulator/3500/8) or reply to this email to respond.