+ (text/plain)
Author: Taehoon Lim\(Darby\) via Discourse.ros.org via ros-users
To: ros-users
CC: Taehoon Lim\(Darby\) via Discourse.ros.org
Subject: [ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] Announcing new packages for TurtleBot3 in ROS2 (including Cartographer and Navigation2)

Hi guys :slight_smile:

We are happy to announce new packages for [TurtleBot3](https://github.com/ROBOTIS-GIT/turtlebot3/tree/ros2)!!
The packages includes [Cartographer](https://github.com/ROBOTIS-GIT/cartographer_ros)(@clalancette) and [Navigation2](https://github.com/ros-planning/navigation2)(@mkhansen)

Now, you can launch those packages using simple commands in ROS2 Crystal Clemmys with TurtleBot3.
If you already have TurtleBot3, you could try teleoperation, SLAM and navigation through ROS2 frameworks after you setup for ROS2.
If you don't have TurtleBot3, you could load TurtleBot3 into Gazebo simulator and launch everything I said.

This release only support `Burger` yet, but we are going to update that packages to support `Waffle Pi` after few days later.

[Github repo]
- https://github.com/ROBOTIS-GIT/turtlebot3/tree/ros2
- https://github.com/ROBOTIS-GIT/turtlebot3_simulations/tree/ros2

[Issue page]