[Ros-release] roscpp subscriber callback not triggered when sending from Android

Damon Kohler damonkohler at google.com
Thu Dec 13 10:09:47 UTC 2012

This may be a good question for http://answers.ros.org

The first thing I would check is whether or not the message is
actually making it over the network (e.g. wireshark). You could also
try a simple rosjava subscriber. I can say, that this use case is used
actively so it's likely a configuration problem.

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 10:15 AM, Marcus Liebhardt
<marcus.liebhardt at rnd.yujinrobot.com> wrote:
> Another problem I ran into today:
> When sending messages from an Android app (e.g. Turtlebot teleop sending
> geometry_msgs/Twist), the callback of my roscpp subscriber didn't get
> triggered.
> I tested this with simple subscriber implementations in roscpp and rospy in
> parallel (plus rostopic echo, which is also implemented with rospy AFAIK).
> This only happened when sending from Android, so might be a bug there (or
> just because we currently can't recompile those apps). When sending from
> another 2.Beta Groovy 64Bit Ubuntu machine, callbacks in both
> implementations worked fine.
>
> If anybody knows further tests, with which I could narrow down the root
> cause, please let me know!
>
> Thanks,
> Marcus
>
> --
> Marcus Liebhardt
> Control Engineer
> Yujin Robot
> 주소: 대한민국 서울시 금천구 가산동 345-30 남성프라자 #601, 153-023.
> Address: Door #601, Namsung-Plaza, 345-30 Gasan-dong, Guemcheon-gu, Seoul,
> 153-023, Republic of Korea
> Website: http://www.yujinrobot.com
> Email: marcus.liebhardt at yujinrobot.com
> Phone: +82-70-46577073

:wq

Google Germany GmbH
Dienerstr. 12
80331 München

AG Hamburg, HRB 86891
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Geschäftsführer: Graham Law, Katherine Stephens

Tax ID:- 48/725/00206
VAT ID:- DE813741370