[Ros-release] ROS Fuerte Freeze Schedule Update

Brian Gerkey gerkey at willowgarage.com
Fri Feb 3 01:23:13 UTC 2012

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 12:06 PM, Jack O'Quin <jack.oquin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there no longer a $ROS_ROOT/tools directory? I use them to find
> things like rosemacs and rosbash in a distribution-agnostic fashion.
>
> I see rosbash has moved to share/rosbash. Still can't find rosemacs
> (only its manifest.xml).

We preserved certain parts of the old layout for backward
compatibility, notably:
* $ROS_ROOT/core/roslib/src/*
* $ROS_ROOT/core/rosbuild/*
* $ROS_ROOT/mk/rosbuild/*

rosbash didn't make the cut because it's usually only included by
generated files, and we're updating those to use `rospack find
rosbash/rosbash instead.

rosemacs looks to have been dropped on the ground.  We're installing
its manifest.xml, but none of its files.  That's clearly wrong.  Would
it be sufficient to install all files from rosemacs to share/rosemacs/
?

	brian.