[Ros-release] ROS Fuerte Freeze Schedule Update

Daniel Stonier d.stonier at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 01:54:02 UTC 2012

Aha. Things are often so much clearer in hindsight. Sat down this morning
and realised the swig problem was obvious (was just getting lost in the
catkin forest). Also immediately worked out the problem with the deb
rolling - I was missing the required find_package calls in the appropriate
places (problem was masked previously by cmake'ing the whole rosinstall
tree in the walkthrough rather than the single stack - I think stack
dependencies were picking up the slack). So the deb rolling works and the
documentation for that part was spot on. Probably the documentation on how
to properly catinize your stack could do with some more clarity. My spanish
colleague got lost in the black magic, but I could get through it after
having gotten familiar with troy's rosbuild2. I'll give some input when
it's good to go.

I like the deb rolling infrastructure - some funky git going on there!
Right now I was mostly curious in checking in what direction it was going.
When its ready'ish for fuerte, let me know and I'll test the use case for
rolling debs outside your hudson/jenkin infrastructure.

Cheers,
Daniel.