[Ros-release] Debian source build failed -- what to do?

Jack O'Quin jack.oquin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 01:46:54 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 4:03 PM, Jack O'Quin <jack.oquin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 3:46 PM, Tully Foote <tfoote at willowgarage.com> wrote:
>> The fuerte release should be enough.  I can trigger the sourcedeb job if
>> electric after that to generate the other distros.
>
> I prefer to re-release both. Being at the same version makes it clear
> they have identical sources.
>
> And, looking at the debbuild report, I now realize that the Electric
> version is broken, too, on Maverick and Natty. Apparently, the
> rosrelease script only worked for platforms that are in the
> intersection of those supported by both Electric and Fuerte (i.e.
> Oneiric and Lucid).
>
>  http://www.ros.org/debbuild/electric.html
>
> It also provides a relativley easy demonstration that the bug fix works.

It apparently does not work. I just submitted a 0.4.3 release for
Fuerte (only), and got the same cryptic failure message:

Stack [art_vehicle-0.4.3]

There were failures in building the source deb package for this stack.
These failures are generally caused by missing dependencies on target
platforms.  If this stack is not expected to work on all target
platforms, you may be able to disregard this e-mail.

This e-mail is sent regardless of current 'excludes' settings to
assist stack maintainers who are attempting to test compatibility on
new targets.

Stack [art_vehicle-0.4.3] in distro [fuerte] succeeded on the
following OS platforms:
['lucid', 'oneiric']

ERRORS
Stack [art_vehicle-0.4.3] in distro [fuerte] failed to build on the
following OS platforms:
['precise']

[precise]: stack [art_vehicle] does not have valid debian package
dependencies for release [precise]

The art_vehicle-0.4.3 yaml file looks just like the previous one:

 https://code.ros.org/svn/release/download/stacks/art_vehicle/art_vehicle-0.4.3/art_vehicle-0.4.3.yaml
 https://code.ros.org/svn/release/download/stacks/art_vehicle/art_vehicle-0.4.2/art_vehicle-0.4.2.yaml

If this is caused by a bug in my code, I still have not discovered what it is.
--
 joq