[ros-release] Releasing policy after failed pre-release due to broken depending packages?

Ruben Smits ruben.smits at intermodalics.eu
Wed Jul 16 08:28:14 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I'm trying to release orocos_kinematics_dynamics, before that I'm doing the
pre-release test which also builds all depending packages to verify if the
new release would break anything.

Both on hydro and indigo the pre-release is failing but not related to the
KDL code. What is the policy now? Can I go on and release or do I need to
wait until these broken packages have fixed themselves, even if it is
unrelated to KDL? I'm leaning towards the former ;)

The failing prereleases:

Indigo:

http://jenkins.ros.org/job/prerelease-indigo-orocos_kinematics_dynamics/ARCH_PARAM=amd64,UBUNTU_PARAM=trusty,label=prerelease/2/

MoveIt seems to be broken:

[ 51%] Building CXX object
moveit_core/constraint_samplers/CMakeFiles/test_constraint_samplers.dir/test/test_constraint_samplers.cpp.o
In file included from
/tmp/test_repositories/src_depends_on/moveit_core/constraint_samplers/test/test_constraint_samplers.cpp:56:0:
/tmp/test_repositories/src_depends_on/moveit_core/constraint_samplers/test/pr2_arm_kinematics_plugin.h:46:35:
fatal error: tf_conversions/tf_kdl.h: No such file or directory
 #include <tf_conversions/tf_kdl.h>
                                   ^
compilation terminated.

Hydro:

http://jenkins.ros.org/job/prerelease-hydro-orocos_kinematics_dynamics/ARCH_PARAM=amd64,UBUNTU_PARAM=precise,label=prerelease/2/

roseus cmake seems to be broken.

R.

--
Ruben Smits, CTO
+32 479 511 786

This email and any attached files are confidential and may be legally
privileged. Any copy, print or forward of this email, without the agreement
of sender or addressee, is strictly prohibited. Misuse is a violation of
the law on personal data protection (D. Lgs. 196/2003) and on secrecy of
correspondence (art. 616 cp). If you have received this transmission in
error please notify the sender immediately and then delete this email and
any attached files.