[ros-users] Control PR2 to grasp objects

Stuart Glaser sglaser at willowgarage.com
Mon Apr 5 17:21:23 UTC 2010

Hi,

> 2) I read tutorials about moving one arm, but I'm wondering if I can control
> two arms simultaneously so that they can move together?

You have two options:

1. Use the default controllers and time synchronize the trajectory.

If you give the r_arm_controller and l_arm_controller trajectories
with the same timestamp in the header, then the two trajectories will
be time synchronized.

2. Bring up a "two arm" controller

The default set of controllers for the PR2 has separate controllers
for the left arm and right arm, but it's possible to bring up one
controller for both of them.  Have a look at pr2_arm_controllers.yaml
in the pr2_controller_configuration package.  If you combine the
listings for r_arm_controller and l_arm_controller then you can
produce a configuration for a two-arm controller which will command a
trajectory over both arms.

-Stu

On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 9:44 PM, Yun Jiang <helenjyun at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working on an project of controlling PR2 to grasp objects. I'm new to
> ROS and got several stupid questions,
>
> 1) after grasping, when I use planner to move the arm, it always returned
> the state is in collision. I felt that I probably should attach the object
> to the robot to avoid obstacle detection for it. But I don't know how. Is
> there any service or simple way to do this?
>

> Thanks!
>
> Best,
> Yun
>
> --