[ros-users] Control PR2 to grasp objects

Yun Jiang helenjyun at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 20:48:39 UTC 2010

Hi Stu,
Thanks for your suggestions!
If I want to use planner to control the movement, then I should first send
the goal and get the two planned trajectories back, and then set the
timestamp by myself, and last send these two trajectories to
r_arm_controller and l_arm_controller, right? Or do I have other choices?
Thanks.

Best,
Yun
can't set timestamp

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 1:21 PM, Stuart Glaser <sglaser at willowgarage.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > 2) I read tutorials about moving one arm, but I'm wondering if I can
> control
> > two arms simultaneously so that they can move together?
>
> You have two options:
>
> 1. Use the default controllers and time synchronize the trajectory.
>
> If you give the r_arm_controller and l_arm_controller trajectories
> with the same timestamp in the header, then the two trajectories will
> be time synchronized.
>
> 2. Bring up a "two arm" controller
>
> The default set of controllers for the PR2 has separate controllers
> for the left arm and right arm, but it's possible to bring up one
> controller for both of them.  Have a look at pr2_arm_controllers.yaml
> in the pr2_controller_configuration package.  If you combine the
> listings for r_arm_controller and l_arm_controller then you can
> produce a configuration for a two-arm controller which will command a
> trajectory over both arms.
>
> -Stu
>
> On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 9:44 PM, Yun Jiang <helenjyun at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm working on an project of controlling PR2 to grasp objects. I'm new to
> > ROS and got several stupid questions,
> >
> > 1) after grasping, when I use planner to move the arm, it always returned
> > the state is in collision. I felt that I probably should attach the
> object
> > to the robot to avoid obstacle detection for it. But I don't know how. Is
> > there any service or simple way to do this?
> >

> > Thanks!
> >
> > Best,
> > Yun
> >
> > --