[ros-users] The Limitations of URDF

David Lu!! davidvlu at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 21:53:23 UTC 2010

Thanks for the reply John. Clarification inline...

The last thing that concerns me is the PR2 specific extensions. I'm not
>> exactly clear what they lend to the PR2, but I'm also not clear why they
>> wouldn't apply to other robots.
>>

> can you please clarify your concern?  (e.g. package/stack names? etc.)
> In general, a lot of the software packages may work their way into
> non-PR2-specific status after proving its usefulness first as a PR2 specific
> utility.

Basically, I was trying to figure out whether I could/should use them in my
model, but I was unsure how to use it due to the lack of documentation, and
wasn't sure why it was PR2 only, but you just clarified that part. I guess
that's just the nature of the developing packages.

Thanks again,
David!!