[ros-users] Generic message transport infrastructure

Konrad Banachowicz konradb3 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 09:18:30 UTC 2010

I don't think that shm is right way of communication for ROS.
It is extremely low-level approach to the problem and it's possibly
duplicate existing in system messaging like UNIX domain socket or POSIQ MQ.
Additional overhead for providing reliable communication would be difficult
to achieve and would have significant impact on performance.

In my opinion using UNIX domain socket would be much more beneficial to ROS
and much simpler to implement.

Pozdrawiam
Konrad Banachowicz