[ros-users] Inconsistant timing issues with powerbot-sh running P2OS

David Feil-Seifer david.feilseifer at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 21:15:46 UTC 2010

Matt-

I just double-checked both stopping by using the e-stop and by setting
velocity to 0,0 and they both worked almost instantly. Do me a favor
so that I can help you isolate where the delay is:

1.) Install the 0.2.1 version of the driver (or the trunk version is
fine as well)
2.) Run a roscore node on your non-pioneer computer
3.) run `roslaunch p2os_launch p2os_driver.launch` on the pioneer
4.) run `rosrun p2os_dashboard p2os_dashboard` on the non-pioneer computer
5.) set the pioneer to move forward using teleop_keyboard.launch

now stop the robot using either the spacebar in the
teleop_keyboard.launch window or by using the `motors halt` button on
p2os_dashboard, both should stop instantly. If they do, I'd wager the
problem is in your code somewhere. If they do not, I would check your
wireless connection between the computers.

Hope things go well.

-Dave