[ros-users] Inconsistant timing issues with powerbot-sh running P2OS

Matt mjb4 at sfu.ca
Wed Dec 15 00:18:06 UTC 2010

David;

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you here. I've run your tests and
the robot worked fine. It appears that the problem was in my code, I
believe I was sending too many stop/disable messages which was bogging
down the p2os node itself (max rate for either would be around 28/100mS)
or causing problems with the queue system in ROS is my guess. I've
changed the code so it will only send one stop and one disable command
without the condition being acknowledged from an external source.

Thanks for the help;
Matt