[ros-users] Obstacles(Grid Cell) does not show in rviz for naviation package

Eitan Marder-Eppstein eitan at willowgarage.com
Thu Dec 16 20:43:07 UTC 2010

Chris,

When you say that the topic is being published, do you mean it is publishing
empty messages? Or that there's a lot of data in them that looks like it
should be displayed in rviz?

Empty messages means that something is likely going wrong in how the
navigation stack is getting data from the laser.

Full messages that aren't displayed in rviz might be something like a
coordinate frame issue.

Hope this helps,

Eitan