[ros-users] Recovery strategy for corrupted bag?

Tim Field tfield at willowgarage.com
Thu Dec 16 23:44:36 UTC 2010

Hi Mac,

I created a ticket here: https://code.ros.org/trac/ros/ticket/3196.  If
possible, please update the ticket with instructions for downloading your
bag and also include the version of rosbag you're using.

When I implemented indexing in bag files and the rosbag reindex command, I
never made any guarantees that arbitrary corrupted bag files would be
recoverable.

That said, it should be possible to make rosbag reindex recover your data
(at least up until the messages in the final corrupted chunk.)

Thanks,
Tim