[ros-users] uvc_camera not publishing width and height on /camera_info topic

Patrick Goebel patrick at casbs.stanford.edu
Sun Dec 19 02:18:05 UTC 2010

Hi Ken,

Many thanks for the update--I now see the height and width in the
/camera_info message.  I am not using calibration at the moment, but I
wanted a way to have width and height on /camera_info automatically from
the params in the launch file so I could read it from other nodes.

But there is still something I don't understand about uvc_camera so
sorry about having to ask such a basic question.  If I set the image
width and height in my launch file to different values, e.g. 160x120
versus 640x480, I don't see any difference in the resolution of
/image_raw when viewed in image_view.  By contrast, if I use the usb_cam
node from the bosch-ros-stack (http://www.ros.org/wiki/bosch-ros-pkg),
then I do see the change in resolution.  Similarly, I don't see a change
in fps in uvc_camera if I change its value in the launch file.  (usb_cam
does not appear to be able change fps so I can't compare.)

Should I be able to set these parameters in uvc_camera and see the
effects in image_view?

Thanks!

--patrick