[ros-users] Computer Recommendations

Gonçalo Cabrita goncabrita at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 11:01:34 UTC 2010

Hi Homer,

Here at the lab we also use atom based netbooks to run ROS on our robots. I
must say we never did image processing, but for the processing requirements
to run the navigation stack at a very low frequency (5Hz) I'd say you'll
have a hard time processing stereo images on the atom.

Hope this helps,

Gonçalo Cabrita
ISR - University of Coimbra
Portugal