[ros-users] Getting Fingertip Sensor Data from Stanford PR2 Robot

Blake Carpenter blakec at stanford.edu
Thu Jun 24 18:19:16 UTC 2010

Hello list,

I'm working in the Stanford AI Lab with PR2 robot and I've installed
the fingertip sensors on the left gripper and have been reading the
ros page on reading the fingertip pressure:
http://www.ros.org/wiki/fingertip_pressure.  I've been trying to get
the pressure readings with the "view_fingertip_pressure" gui, but have
had no luck at getting any values back from the sensors.  There are
two demo launch files in the fingertip_pressure package and I tried
these but did not receive any values back.  There is the
"real_hardware_sensor.launch" file, but it has references to a
configuration file on a willow garage machine, so I figure that is not
the file I should be using.  Do you have any suggestions for what I
should do to get the pressure sensor readings?

Thank you,
Blake Carpenter