[ros-users] install individual ros packages - urdf / kdl

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Tue Mar 23 17:56:36 UTC 2010

Ugo,
You can install any stack individually.  The urdf parsing is in the
robot_model stack and kdl is in the geometry stack.

Both are in the boxturtle base installation which doesn't pull anything pr2
specific.  See http://www.ros.org/wiki/ROS/Installation/Ubuntu

If you want a truly minimal set you can pull only the stacks up to that
level. To do that I recommend trimming the boxturtle base rosinstall file at
http://ros.org/rosinstalls/boxturtle_base.rosinstall to only have the
following stacks

{{{
$ rosstack depends robot_model
ros
common_msgs
common
geometry
}}}

However I would recommend just pulling the boxturtle base install
http://www.ros.org/wiki/ROS/Installation/Ubuntu

And if you're on Ubuntu you could also use the debian based install and just
install ros-boxturtle-robot-model package.

Tully

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 10:38 AM, Ugo Cupcic <ugo at shadowrobot.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Is it possible to install urdf and kdl for ros, without having to
> install the whole pr2 stuff? (if yes, how can I do that ?)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ugo
>
> --
> Ugo Cupcic         |  Shadow Robot Company | ugo at shadowrobot.com
> Software Engineer      251 Liverpool Road
> need a Hand?           London  N1 1LX       | +44 20 7700 2487
> http://www.shadowrobot.com/hand/              @shadowrobot

Tully Foote
Systems Engineer
Willow Garage, Inc.