[ros-users] image_proc doesn't work with camera1394

Jack O'Quin jack.oquin at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 04:04:17 UTC 2010

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 10:46 PM, Eric Perko <wisesage5001 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was able to get this working on boxturtle (dunno what in latest
> causes it to fail, but it still doesn't work when using the install
> from http://ros.org/rosinstalls/latest_pr2.rosinstall and
> http://www.ros.org/rosinstalls/wg_latest_devel.rosinstall). It does
> work with the install from /boxturtle_pr2.rosinstall and then just
> checking out camera1394 and libdc1394v2 from trunk individually. Jack,
> it seems to be working fine for me with the updated libdc1394 based
> timestamp as well.

Good to know.

Sounds like I need to test it on latest ASAP.

For the record, people can check out both camera1394 and libdc1394v2
by getting the camera_drivers_experimental stack. (They are all it
contains at the moment.)

I believe full stacks are the recommended checkout granularity for
ROS. Unfortunately, roslocate svn currently only works for packages,
not stacks.

> Jack and Jeremy, thanks for your help getting all this sorted out and working.

Thank you. Getting good bug reports is always at least half the battle.
--
 joq