[ros-users] Running Navigation stack on Rostage.

Richard Gerhard richardgrhrd at gmail.com
Thu May 6 11:12:52 UTC 2010

Hi everybody,

Perhaps somebody can give me a hint as I am having a problem with setting up
the navigation stack using stage. I am getting a warning that says:

"[ WARN] 405.900000000: Waiting on transform from base_link to /map to
become available before running costmap, tf error: Frame id /map does not
exist!"

When I try to add a "Static Map" in rviz I received an erro message: "No
transform from [map] to [/odom]".

I suppose this transform should be included in the broadcaster but I don't
know exactly how to translate a "nav_msgs/Odometry" into a map frame (or it
is map to odom?). Does anyone know how it should be transformed?

Thanks

R.