[ros-users] rviz and PointCloud2

Radu Bogdan Rusu rusu at willowgarage.com
Thu May 6 17:01:20 UTC 2010

Dear Guillem,

Thank you for the kind words. Currently there is no other way to visualize a PointCloud2 message in rviz, other than the
one you mentioned (conversion via point_cloud_converter - btw, you can run the node directly too, see
http://www.ros.org/wiki/point_cloud_converter).

We'll try to implement the PointCloud2 rviz plugin in the next 2-3 weeks. I also got quite a few requests in the past
couple of days to check in a PCD visualization tool, so we'll do that too once I get back to California.

Cheers,
Radu.