[ros-users] Running Navigation stack on Rostage.

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Fri May 7 17:25:53 UTC 2010

Richard,

Your system is missing a localization node.  There are a few options.  You
can use amcl, fake_localization or a slam type of system.

For an example of how to get running, I would suggest you look at a some
examples of stage already running.  In particular the move_base_stage
package is a good example see
https://code.ros.org/gf/project/wg-ros-pkg/scmsvn/?action=browse&path=/trunk/demos/move_base_stage/

Tully

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 4:12 AM, Richard Gerhard <richardgrhrd at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> Perhaps somebody can give me a hint as I am having a problem with setting
> up the navigation stack using stage. I am getting a warning that says:
>
> "[ WARN] 405.900000000: Waiting on transform from base_link to /map to
> become available before running costmap, tf error: Frame id /map does not
> exist!"
>
> When I try to add a "Static Map" in rviz I received an erro message: "No
> transform from [map] to [/odom]".
>
> I suppose this transform should be included in the broadcaster but I don't
> know exactly how to translate a "nav_msgs/Odometry" into a map frame (or it
> is map to odom?). Does anyone know how it should be transformed?
>
> Thanks
>
> R.

Tully Foote
Systems Engineer