[ros-users] move_arm tutorial - Moving the arm to a pose goal

Advait Jain advait at cc.gatech.edu
Mon May 17 03:37:12 UTC 2010

I am trying to replicate the functionality of this tutorial from a
python node -
http://www.ros.org/wiki/move_arm/Tutorials/MoveArmPoseGoal

It isn't clear to me if there is a python equivalent for this function:
move_arm_msgs::addGoalConstraintToMoveArmGoal(desired_pose,goalA);

Am I missing something or do I need to write my own python
versions for addGoalConstraintToMoveArmGoal (C+ code in
move_arm_msgs/utils.h) and
poseConstraintToPositionOrientationConstraints
(motion_planning_msgs/convert_messages.h) to use the
move_arm package from python?

Advait