[ros-users] Help! ROS python imports suddenly stopped working

Jack O'Quin jack.oquin at gmail.com
Sat May 8 02:04:26 UTC 2010

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 12:43 PM, Rosen Diankov <rosen.diankov at gmail.com> wrote:
> i'm shooting in the dark here, but just in case this relates:
>
> i had a similar bug pop-up in openrave on several machines when
> starting the python interface, it turned out to be because those
> machines had an ATI card, even if graphics weren't getting compiled.
> here is an explanation of the problem:
>
> http://wiki.fifengine.de/Segfault_in_cxa_allocate_exception#Workaround
>
> the workaround is to to explicitly include '-lstdc++' in the compile
> arguments before any other libraries

Thanks for the suggestion, Rosen.

For the record this problem went away after I rebooted the machine. No
idea what was going wrong. I had already tried logging out and back in
without success.

I don't remember ignoring a reboot after installing Ubuntu updates,
but something like that must have been the problem.

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions. Sorry to waste everyone's time
and bandwidth...
--
 joq