[ros-users] import rospy "no module named msg"

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Sat May 15 18:19:58 UTC 2010

Brett,
I believe that the error message you are getting is because the message
generators in roslib have not been run.  They are usually run during the
build step.  For getting things to work on your phone, you will probably
need to run a stripped down version of the build.

Tully

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 10:05 AM, Brett Graham
<graham at rowland.harvard.edu>wrote:

> I'm trying to load rospy on a computer that does not have ros installed on
> it.
>
> When I try:
> import rospy
>
> I get the following error:

> ImportError                               Traceback (most recent call last)
>
> pysrc/<ipython console> in <module>()
>
> pysrc/rospy/__init__.py in <module>()
>     42 from roslib.rosenv import ROS_ROOT, ROS_MASTER_URI,
> ROS_HOSTNAME, ROS_NAMESPACE, ROS_PACKAGE_PATH, ROS_LOG_DIR
>     43
> ---> 44 import rospy.core
>     45 import rospy.init
>     46