[ros-users] How to use wiimote as an imu for robot_pose_ekf

Wim Meeussen meeussen at willowgarage.com
Tue May 25 19:57:30 UTC 2010

Alessio,

The robot_pose_ekf will not activate when it only receives imu data.
The filter at least needs to receive messages on either the 'vo' topic
or the 'odom' topic. Also, the filter will not integrate accelerations
measured by your wiimote, but only use the 3D orientation. For more
details, take a look at the documentation on
<http://www.ros.org/wiki/robot_pose_ekf>.

Wim

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 1:08 AM, Alessio Levratti
<alessio.drago at hotmail.it> wrote:
> Hi everyone! My name's Alessio, and I'm an Italian student of Mechatronic
> Engineering (...forgive my poor English). I'm trying to use the wiimote as
> an imu for a mobile robot using the kalman filter provided by the
> robot_pose_ekf package, but nothing's working. I noticed that the wiimote
> node publishes a topic "imu/data", and "robot_pose_ekf" is subscribed to
> "imu_data", so I remapped the topic using:
>
> "rosrun wiimote wiimote.py imu/data:=imu_data"
>
> but it still doesn't work; I mean, the topic "/robot_pose_ekf/odom_combined"
> published by robot_pose_ekf" returns nothing.
>
> I looked for a tutorial for robot_pose_ekf, which could explain how to use
> it, but i didn't find it. Does it exist?

Wim Meeussen
Willow Garage Inc.
<http://www.willowgarage.com)