[ros-users] tf problems

Eric Perko wisesage5001 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 16:28:18 UTC 2010

2010/11/4 Nicolás Alvarez Picco <nicolasapicco at hotmail.com>

>  Hi everybody!!
>
> I am running my program and I have a few warnings in the log file:
>
> [ WARN] [1288882122.557474610, 39.110000000]: Message from [/bb_robot] has
> a non-fully-qualified frame_id [base_laser]. Resolved locally to
> [/base_laser].  This is will likely not work in multi-robot systems.  This
> message will only print once.
>
> [ WARN] [1288882141.776979053, 76.469000000]: MessageFilter [target=/map ]:
> Dropped 96.80% of messages so far. Please turn the
> [ros.rviz.message_notifier] rosconsole logger to DEBUG for more information.

You can use rxconsole to turn on these debugging notifications.
Specifically, use http://www.ros.org/wiki/rxconsole#Logger_Levels to turn
the logging level to DEBUG. That should tell you exactly what the problem
is. If it still looks related to your tf tree, including the output of
view_frames might be helpful.

- Eric