[ros-users] Kinect RGB-D Calibration

Alex Trevor atrevor at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 03:15:14 UTC 2010

Great idea, nice job guys!  That is a much more elegant solution than our
calibration target -- we used some aluminum squares sitting up on blocks
(they're actually coasters I had sitting around, see attached).  We should
probably decide on a standardized calibration target (glass with circles?)
so we can all build one.

We also calibrated our rig today, and although our initial calibration still
has a fair amount of error, we're starting to be able to get some reasonable
looking XYZRGB point clouds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ9bHf1CT2o .
 With a more accurate calibration technique, it seems like the Kinect will
be able to produce very nice data!

Cheers,
Alex