[ros-users] accelerometer and tilt support + depth function

Matthieu Herrb matthieu.herrb at laas.fr
Wed Nov 17 10:14:20 UTC 2010

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 01:49:26AM -0800, Melonee Wise wrote:
> Yes it's a branch but anyone is welcome to take my changes. I haven't added
> the accelerometer to the driver but I can add it (is there any preference on
> units), I am also trying to find if the current tilt position is published
> by the kinect so I can add a get method.

It seems to me that the tilt position is on byte 8 of the 10 bytes
returned by the accelerometers read returned by

ret = libusb_control_transfer(motors, 0xC0, 0x32, 0x0, 0, data, 10,
0);

And byte 10 seems to be some status flags. So far I've seen
0x04 -> motor moving
0x01 -> motion limit reached.

See my Genom module for details:

http://trac.laas.fr/git/openkinect-genom/tree/codels/openkinectAcqTaskCodels.c